Hi, I'm Home

Go down

Hi, I'm Home

Post by maidmaz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm home! We had a lovely few days away and my appt's went well. I have increased my Imuran by 50mg so am now at 150mg, my Rheumy says hopefully this will help to settle the flare. I had my exercise test yesterday and lasted 5 mins and all went well there too, although I did get lectured by my Cardio's nurse about my weight and being unfit Crying or Very sad and I did try to explain to her that it has been quite hard for me over the last 12 months and with the prednisone it is almost impossible to drop those unwanted kilo's! She says she has arthritis and knows what I am going through, I forgot to ask her if she suffers with the fatigue and everything else that goes with Lupus Mad I was really cross and felt like telling her where to go! I am very self concious about my weight this is the biggest I have ever been in my life and I get quite frustrated and depressed about it, the last thing I need is to be reminded by a know it all nurse!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile http://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, I'm Home

Post by socalmonica on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 am

Hi Maz, glad your appts went well. I hope the increased Imuran calms the flare with no extra side effects. Hang in there with the weight. I can certainly relate to that as I have been there and it is no fun and with all the lupus stuff we deal with, it is hard to go jump on a treadmill or exercise bike to shed those extra pounds. Just stick to feeling better at this point. Screw the nurse!! Don't let her get ya down.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am

Maz

GLAD your home and things went well, other than the know it all nurse! Give me her name and # and i'll tell her were she can stick the weight issue Mad

Take care of yourself first and the rest later!!!!

Again glad your back home

flower Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:32 am

Hi Maz,

Good to have you back! I hope you flare subsides with the increase in Imuran. The weight thing certainly doesn't help our mood especially when someone else points it out!! The more frustrated I get the more I eat. I can't wait to get off the pred hopefully soon. Well at least my fingers are getting exercise! lol!

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Maz,

I too am glad that all went well with your dr's appt. I agree, tell that nurse where to stick it! Until she has walked in our shoes with lupus she has no right to give you any grief about your weight or anything else, besides, isn't that the doctors job if he's concerned? Seems she might just be forgetting who's who.

Anyway, if you are comfortable with yourself and your doctor is not pressuring you about loosing weight because of your health then I wouldn't worry about it at all. And we all think your fab anyway!

Hugs,

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Monica, Ray, Chris and Melissa,

Thankyou! You are all FAB sunny Chris, you are right I never thought of it that way lol! Melissa, yes as most nurses seem to do she has forgotten who is the Dr and who is the Nurse and even though she "Knows what I am going through" I bet she hasn't walk 1/5 in our shoes!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I needed that! You are all such wonderful friends and I would be lost without you all.

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

View user profile http://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content