Lupus in Dogs

Go down

Lupus in Dogs

Post by Lupiebin on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:17 am

I know this may seem odd having Lupus myself-but I think my dog may have Lupus. Discoid to be exact. She has fur loss near her nose and it's crusting a bit, and she has lost some fur (very little) below her eyes. Crying or Very sad
Anyone else know anything at all about this? I appreciate any input.
THANK YOU!! Healing hugs, Lupiebin
Lupiebin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lupus in Dogs

Post by Poppy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi Lupiebin:

I don't know about dogs having lupus - but it's a good question- they seem to have many other human diseases. I had a dog who had the same problems as you are describing - he was a chocolate miniature poodle and had hair loss near his nose and under his eyes - the crusting around the nose was there, too. I attributed it to old age since he was 14-16 yrs. old when this started happening. He, also, had lots of allergies and I thought, perhaps that was part of the problem. He and I had a lot of the same problems. He was my all time favorite and no matter what problem he was facing - he was the happiest dog ever.

How old is your dog - and does she have any allergies?

I would be interested in learning more about this, too. My current dog, Jack, does not seem to exhibit any of those symptoms - he is now 12 yrs. old.

I may talk to my Vet about this - her husband had lupus - so, she may have some insight. I love you
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 pm

It seems to me that Barbara Bush's dog (I think her name was Maggie??) had a canine auto-immune disease like Lupus. Mrs. Bush wrote a book about the dog's perspective of the White House. It is supposed to be a very good book, too.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:43 pm

AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupiebin on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 am

Thank you Poppy and Beth! I do appreciate your replies and will be looking further into this.

Beth, after you mentioned Mrs. Bush's dog, I do remember talk of the poor thing having Lupus!

Poppy, please, if you do find out anything else from your Vet pass it on? THANK YOU!!

Have a great day-Sending healing hugs, Lupiebin
Lupiebin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down