Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches!

3 posters

Go down

Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches! Empty Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches!

Post by AbsolutelyFab Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am

I am prone to migraines & have been getting them for nearly 15 years but I am now getting horrible headaches that are not the same as my migraines. This is good in a way because my rheumy took my off of the Imitrex that worked wonders for my migraines, but could cause horrible problems with my Raynauds. Anyway, the headaches I am getting are more like the headaches you get when you are dehydrated...like hangover headaches, but without the drinking beforehand. Crying or Very sad They come on pretty fast and within a few hours I cannot see straight, my balance is off, I'm nauseaous and nothing seems to make them go away except time. Unlike migraines, my eyes are not as light sensitive with these headaches. They are not on one side of my head or the other like a migraine, but go both across the back of my skull and my forehead when they get really bad. I feel like someon is squeezing my entire head and it just throbs. I know I'm not dehydrated because I have been drinking gallons of water...I guess the Sjogren's is making me thirsty. I have quit drinking or eating anything with Aspartame, which has helped with the migraines...but not this.

I do have an appt with my GP next week about these headaches, but was wondering if anyone can provide some insight. This is really affecting my ability to function at work or at home. On a good note....the mtx has really helped my joint pain and helped some with the fatigue!! cheers

Hugs,

Beth

AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches! Empty Re: Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches!

Post by Poppy Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Beth:

I, too, am a migraine sufferer - had them most of my life. Mine were triggered by hormone fluctuations, mostly - but barometric pressure could always play a role in it, too or stress. Since I was dx with sle - I haven't had a migraine again. I did get some pretty wicked headaches when I started Mtx but that eventually diminished. Once in a while, on the day I take Mtx - I will get a bad headache but nothing like the migraines I used to experience.

I'm happy to hear the Mtx is helping you. I think you need to bring it up to your doc, though.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing! I love you
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches! Empty Re: Headaches....absolutely horrible headaches!

Post by socalmonica Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Beth, I was thinking the same thing Beth said, I was getting some knarly headaches the day after I took the Mtx so my doc broke the shot down into three doses a week. I also suffer almost daily from headaches, just a lupus thing so I am on topomax for it. I'm sure your GP will run all the typical tests that they do, MRI and all, and take it from there. It could be your lupus. Mine is. It is inflammation in that area. It affects the top of my head above my eyes all the way to the back and there are muscles that go down the back of my neck that get inflamed that it affects. Did you notice this before you were on the mtx or after you started taking it?

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down