Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joint Pain...feeling miserable

5 posters

Go down

Joint Pain...feeling miserable Empty Joint Pain...feeling miserable

Post by Rileysmom Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 am

Just wondering if any of you see an increase of joint pain or symptoms when it is rainy out or when the seasons change? I definitely do, my body can predict when a storm is coming long before the weather man says we are expecting a storm. Then when the seasons change my body seems to go into a minor flare. Do any of you experience this type of issue?

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Joint Pain...feeling miserable Empty Re: Joint Pain...feeling miserable

Post by maidmaz Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 am

Hi Melissa,

Yes I do!!!! My joints are much better at predicting the weather than any of the weather men! Shocked It's horrible and very painful, I guess this is where the arthritic side of lupus comes in, most people I know who suffer arthritis are the same. I don't envy you heading into winter, we have just started our spring and I am glad to see the end of winter!!! I also experienced alot more pain with the change of season's, the joys of this damn disease Mad !

All I can suggest is to stay warm and keep up the pain killers until it passes!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:15 am

Hi Melissa,

Yes I can usually tell whena storm's acoming!! I will get pain in my knees usually and sometimes in other areas like my wrists too. I can hardly walk especially trying to climb stairs - ugh. Hannah just blew thru here on Saturday and you may be feeling Ike headed your way. I was just diagnosed in May 08 and this is my first year of knowing I have lupus w/arthritis. I never took notice before being diagnosed how I felt with the change of seasons. So now I notice every ping and pang and wonder is it lupus, arthritis or aging? What a combo!! It probably is the arthritic side like Maz said. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:39 am

Yes, I feel pain when the weather changes or seasons change. Actually, I'm feeling it right now - we are getting some rain in our area for the next few days. My knees are a good indicator and so are my hands. I have been through 2 seasons so far - I'm actually looking forward to autumn but don't want the pain, that's for certain. We all need to hang in there!! Crying or Very sad
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by californiacat Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:18 am

Hi all,

Well I am right there with all of you as being able to predict the weather better than any weather people can!!!!My joints really hurt when it rains,gets colder, etc.Even though I live ina warm climate; California, my body still reacts to the colder weather.And my Raynauds really is affected by the cold as well.But then again, the heat makes me feel worse, especially more fatigued.So we can't really win no matter what!!!!So stay warm, stay cool......just stay connected as that's my best medicine!!!!!Take care everyone............

Warmly, Barbara cyclops

californiacat

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:07 pm

I agree on the weather thing big time!!! my back is the first thing then the rest of my joints follow along Sad

flower Take care Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Hurricane Ike is soon to bare down on the Texas coast, and it has been raining out for a couple of days now. They are predicting rain for the rest of the week into next. In West Texas we don't complain about rain as it is something we don't get a lot of, but my body is really telling me it's seen enough. People that do not know about lupus do not understand that, I do not tell many people I have lupus because of things like this.

I have always been able to tell if it was going to rain, even as a young child my knees and hips would hurt. I guess I was destine for this autoimmune thing called lupus!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me and wish me luck, looks like I have a long week ahead of me.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 am

Hi Melissa,

Just wanted to say, I hope Ike is not to hard on you! I have been watching it's progress and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks Maz, the bulk of Ike is down around the coast and moving up east Texas. I live in West Texas, we are getting some rain, but we could use a lot more. West Texas is essentially the desert. Just picture the terrain you see in an old cowboy moving, that's us.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Melissa,

Glad to hear you are not getting a direct hit from Ike - it was frightening just watching on TV. I am sorry you are feeling the effects of it. How do you avoid the sun with all that open terrain? That's gotta be hard!! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 am

Hi Melissa,

I am so glad you are ok, I had done a little research on the net and worked out where you actually were!
I care very much for all of my American friends and hate to think any of you are in danger No !!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:43 am

Christine,

It's hard to avoid the sun at times, going in and out of work, the stores and such. I do a pretty good job for the most part. We definitely have a longer summer than most, but it's the life I know so I just deal with it.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down