Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Hip Pain

4 posters

Go down

Bad Hip Pain Empty Bad Hip Pain

Post by Rileysmom Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 am

Hi Everyone....

As if the list of symptoms I have been experiencing lately are not bad enough Crying or Very sad , my body has gone and added one more, hip pain. I have had hip pain in the past, nothing extreme, but this pain is excruciating, seriously! When it comes on it stops me dead in my tracks, it feels like someone is taking knives or drills and stabbing them right into both sides of my hips. The pain medicine has been helping the other joint pain, headaches pain in my stomach and side, I've been eating very little and taking phenagren (sp) for my nausea, so had just about everything under control and now, bam, this came on.

Has anyone experienced this excruciating pain confused in his or her hips? To the point to which you literally can't walk?

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Bad Hip Pain Empty Re: Bad Hip Pain

Post by californiacat Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:26 am

Hi Melissa,

Well I don't have a magic cure for you but I can tell you that you are not alone w/ this awful hip pain.Your description ofthe feeling of stabbing knives is exactly how I would describe mine.I have had this hip pain for years and like most of my lupus symptoms; it comes and goes.I am currently on pain meds(methadone and morphine) but it does not totally take away the pain.I also use a heating pad which does help a bit.I wish I could give you a better solution but I have yet to find one!!!I would though let your Rheumy know.....and add it to your "symptom" list.I really do feel for you and know how frustrating this is my friend.Take care and I hope you get some relief soon.

Warmly, Barbara cheers

californiacat

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:52 am

Hi Melissa,

I am so sorry to hear you are having another bad symptom to add to your list. I did have some hip pain when I was in a flare and I only noticed it when I got up to walk and it stopped me in my tracks also. It didn't seem to last long, if I remember correctly, but it was scary because it was a sharp, don't move kind of pain. I haven't had it since luckily. You seem to be having such a rough time lately and I pray that things will ease up for you soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Melissa,

I too have the hip pain! I also have a bad case of Bursitis in my left leg at the moment which makes it damn excruciating Mad , I am actually having a cortisone injection in it tomorrow which will hopefully bring me alot of relief! I have had hip pain on and off since my dx and it is exactly the way you describe it, my pain meds don't always get rid of the pain but they do take the edge off of it!

It sounds as if you are going through a flare at the moment and if it keeps up it might be a good idea to contact your Rheumy, I know all of my flares have started with increased pain and fatigue.

Rest as much as you can and Take Care.
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Oh Melissa:

I'm sorry you have yet another problem to contend with. I have not had hip pain as you describe -just an aching kind of pain at times.

You have really had a rough time, lately. I hope you can find some relief - My thoughts and prayers are with you I love you
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 am

Thank you all for your input and for your support. I figure it is yet another issue of lupus. I just wish it would stop rearing its ugly head and added more issues to our already long list of aliments...doesn't hurt to wish right...LOL.

Anyway, thought maybe someone had a magic remedy for me other than more pain meds and heating pads, I have used that one to no end. I have it on my list to talk to my rhuemy about, I go to him on the 29th. Until then I will grin and bare it along with the others, what's one more thing right?

Take care everyone.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down