Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !!

Go down

Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !! Empty Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !!

Post by Poppy on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Hello Everyone:

I want to congratulate Barbara and Maz on being featured in the magazine "Lupus Now". Both of our ladies gave a wonderful interview on medications. How exciting, that two of our dear friends are celebrities.

I, not only congratulate you, but want to thank you for all the wonderful information and experience you have shared with us!

As I have stated before, you ladies are amazing - you go girls!!! cheers flower Smile
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !! Empty Re: Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !!

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi Barbara and Maz,

Congratulations - on your features in "Lupus Now" magazine!!! Expressing your own thoughts and fears about medications was very enlightening. I was kind of slacking off taking plaquenil every day but after reading your comments, Barb, I know I can't do that. I like your idea, Maz, about keeping a diary/journal and being able to write your feelings/frustrations down. I am going to get one.

Thanks Poppy for bringing up the magazine articles. I read them yesterday and forgot to mention it. Maybe the next issue they can talk about "brain fog". That would be a challenge for the reporter - Ah, what was the question?? Your name again?? etc. etc. scratch

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !! Empty Re: Congratulations to Barbara & Maz !!

Post by maidmaz on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:55 am

Hi Poppy and Chris,

Gee Thanks Embarassed I was quite thrilled to read the interviews too! Chris, I recommend everyone use a diary, I use one for my meds and one for my pain, they really are helpful. The brain fog interview is a very funny idea lol! Thinking about it conjures up all sorts of funny scenarios!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

View user profile http://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by findingflowers on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:14 am

I am iin Lupus Now issue also. The first one under the section talking about babies. affraid
findingflowers
findingflowers

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by californiacat on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:16 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the compliments!!!!It was really a neat experience to be interviewed for a magazine article and an honor to be "featured" with my good friend Maz!!!By the way, Findingflowers.....are you "Nicole" in the article??Also, if any of you want my autograph, you will have to stand in line!!!! lol! Warmly, Barbara

californiacat

Number of posts : 67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:42 am

Hey Findingflowers:

Congrats to you, too!! That is so great - Thank you for sharing your info, as well. bounce
Poppy
Poppy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 am

Chris:

That is hilarious about a brain fog article. LOL I really needed that laugh. Smile
Poppy
Poppy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:47 am

Hi Cathie,

I just read your story in Lupus Now regarding lupus and pregnancy. It is a very inspiring story and also gives hope to women who want to have children. It must have been very difficult to receive your diagnosis right before the wedding and then having to spend the next six months trying to get it under control. Thanks for sharing a story with a happy ending! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 am

Hi Poppy,

I'm glad I could make you laugh! It's one of those sad but true things. I think we should have a TV show like Desperate Housewives, each with our own personality, and we could call it: I'm Losing My WHAT??? Enjoy your evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:04 am

Findingflowers,

I just saw Barbara's post asking if you are Nicole. Yikes - I just posted to you, Cathie!!. Maybe you can just tell me the page number instead or your first name. Help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 am

Chris:

You are too cute!! You're right - it's sad but true - but better to laugh than cry. lol!
Poppy
Poppy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by findingflowers on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Barbara, Chris had it right. I am the first one mentioned in the article, Cathie. The one diagnosed a week before I got married. I was laid up in the hospital. It was scary at the time. They did edit a lot of information.

But my hubby and I celebrate out 10 year anniversary this October. So he has been very supportive through this crazy disease. That's why I will be traveling. I haven't read all the article yet but I will be taking it on the plane with me today.

Thanks everyone for the great welcome.
findingflowers
findingflowers

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Wow, who knew I was among so many celebrities??? I am quite honored. Very Happy Congrats guys. I need to be reading that magazine!!!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:23 am

Barbara,Maz and also Cathie

Wanted to say CONGRATS also Very Happy

flower from the yardman

Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 am

Dear Barb & Maz,
I'd love to read it! Did you deal with Jenny, the editor? She's a great lady. If they gave you a PDF file of the article, I'll swap you!

Best Wishes,
Geoff
geoff
geoff

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-15

View user profile http://thewideworldoflupus.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Yea! Barbara, Maz & Cathie!

Thanks to you and all others who represent those of us with Lupus in such a postitive way!!

I am waiting to find out what activities are planned in Minneapolis for World Lupus Day, May 10th, and also when the Walk for Lupus event is going to be held in Minneapolis. I am going to try my best to participate somehow! Besides, I've finding out that all of us "loopies" are great people (except me when the Prednisone kicks in lol! ) and want to meet more of us.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down