Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overactive Bladder

3 posters

Go down

Overactive Bladder Empty Overactive Bladder

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am

I am beginning to wonder if my overactive bladder/urgency Shocked problems, which started about 2 years ago, could be related to the Lupus. Does anyone out there have experience with this? I tried one of the meds for overactive bladder, and it worked, but I quit taking it due to increased headaches, etc.

I will bring this up to my rheumy in a few weeks when I go in for my follow-up appt.

Hugs!
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Overactive Bladder Empty Re: Overactive Bladder

Post by christines555 Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Beth,

I'm glad your brought this subject up. I have had an overactive bladder my whole life. When I was in my teens I had a couple of office procedures done but nothing seemed to help. It was about 2 years ago when I had alot of pressure and thought my insides were gonna fall out. I don't remember if anything showed up in the urine test but if it did, it was not significant compared to the pressure I was having. So my pcp put me on Vesicare which has worked well for me. I have not had any pressure since. However I still do have an overactive bladder but not to the extent it was before the med so I am happy with that. Let me know what your rheumy thinks.

Thanks! sunny
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I had my rheumy appt yesterday and brought this up. She doubted that the overactive bladder is related to the inflammation.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:41 am

Hi Beth,

It may not be related to inflammation but is that the same as not being related to lupus? How did the rest of your appointment go?

Thanks! I love you
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Christine,
You have a good point. I was a little surprised that my rheumy wanted to double up my Plaquenil. I was taking a very low dose of 200mg/day and she changed it to 400mg/day. I have times when the pain is uncomfortable, but not like before the Plaquenil. The biggest issue is I have a very compromised range of motion in my knees, hips, shoulders and elbows...so maybe she thought the increase would help out with that.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 pm

Hello Beth

Chris does have a good point scratch

As for the dr increaseing your plaq hope that helps. I have always heard that if you were't takeing at least 400mg a day you would not have as good of results from takeing it. My dr started me out on 400mg 8 yrs ago and been on that ever since.

But we know that we are are diff in many ways from pain to meds.

Hope things get better for you

flower yardman
Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:20 am

Beth,

My understanding is that Plaquenil is like a maintenance drug to hopefully keep lupus from getting worse. I was put on 400mgs a day from the beginning (June) and I am still on that dosage. I'm surprised your rheumy hasn't given you anything for pain. I was also given Prednisone (20mgs) which helped alot with the muscle/joint pain and I am currently tapering down (6mgs) with no problems. But like Ray said, everyone is different and responds differently. The important thing is that you feel better!! Wink
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum