Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouth Sores

4 posters

Go down

Mouth Sores Empty Mouth Sores

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 am

I get the mouth sores, especially if I've been in the sun, but they don't usually last very long but for the last week or so the roof of my mouth has been raw, like I've burnt it, but I haven't. Is this all part of the Lupus-thing?

Hugs,
Beth What a Face
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Mouth Sores Empty Re: Mouth Sores

Post by socalmonica Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi Beth,
are you on mtx? That is a symptom of that too. I get them on that and they don't hurt bad and don't last long either. Sort of like a canker sore but not near as bad and don't last as long. I didn't get them before I was on the mtx though.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 pm

The only meds I am on right now are Plaquenil and Prednisone (in bursts when needed).

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 am

Hello Beth

Sorry to hear about the mouth sores Sad I see you are not on metho so that rules that out. I have been on preds for 8 yrs now from high doses to my normal 10mg every other day.
Some times when i had to go up on preds say 80mg and then step down i have had the problem with mouth sores for a few days, but not all the time. So your pred burst might be the cause, but as you know i ain't no doctor Smile
My dr tell me to just rinse my mouth out with warm salt water and it seem to help.
Well this may not help but its my 2cents worth Smile and i do hope it gets BETTER!!

flower from the yardman
Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:35 am

Hi folks
I have had a 'rough' spot on the roof of my mouth for a long time 2yrs + I went to the doctor before dx with lupus and was told it was my sinus pushing down causing it to fester. I have had my dentist look at it but she couldn't see anything, but that was when it was not bothersome. It never went completely away and I didn't think anything of it until now. As a matter of fact, 2 weeks ago, the darn thing got worse. Not too, too bad, but not good either. and of course now that I'm gonna see a new rheumy tomorrow, it is fine, as are all my symptoms.... go figure!
BTW, mouth sore before any meds.
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down