If it's not one thing it's another

Go down

If it's not one thing it's another

Post by Rileysmom on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 am

Hi Everyone

It seems these days if it's not one thing it's another! The last week or so I have had the what I guess is inflammation in the lungs and rib cage again. Has anyone experienced shortness of breath with the inflammation? I have had the inflammation in the past, which was painful, but I do not recall it causing me shortness of breath. I thought, well with the increase in prednisone that things would get better, but doesn't seem to be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If it's not one thing it's another

Post by socalmonica on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 am

Hi Melissa, hang in there girl, you are just having a tough time, aren't you? I have had the shortness of breath like that in fact the doc did an echo cardiogram because my heart was fluttering and a CT scan on my lungs. Once the inflammation came down, it went away. Try relaxing in the tub with the hot water for the inflammation and the bath will relax you and help with the stress. I would just lay in the tub in really hot water and that helped me. You can even put some pretty smelling bath beads or bath gel in there if you want. If it keeps bothering you though, you should tell your doctor and have it checked out to make sure it's not something else. I know it's easier said than done, but try and keep your stress down. You've got so much going on right now.

Take Care!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 am

Hi, Melissa

I also get the shortness of breath and I noticed it went away with the burst of Prednisone I got last month. My rheumy always has me go to my GP first to rule out upper respiratory infection, but it never is. I have actually found that it is worse at night if I lie on my back or left side. My rheumy has not done any additional tests on my lungs or heart yet.

I hope you feel better soon! What a Face

Beth
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi Ladies,

Normally a really hot bath helps a lot, but in this instance it makes it much worse. I can't understand it, I've never had that happen, but it literally hurts much, much worse when I submurse myself in the tub.

Of all weeks for this to get worse, my GP is out of town and I HATE going to the ER. I have a call into my rhuemy, I guess I'll wait and see what he says. The crappy thing is he is 3 hrs away, so I'm sure he is going to say "go to the ER". Last night I sat up all night, I was in such severe pain the Norco didn't even begin to help and I could not find a position that even brought a bit of relief.

I have no sign of a cold, no cough or anything of that nature, just this severe pain. Well, hopefully my doctors office will call soon. Thanks for your input.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down