Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatigue and the Holiday Season

+3
kking
socalmonica
AbsolutelyFab
7 posters

Go down

Fatigue and the Holiday Season Empty Fatigue and the Holiday Season

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:03 am

Just wanted to vent a bit.....Damn this fatigue right before the Holidays!!

I've been doing my best to rest when I'm tired and take things slower, but here I am hit with kind of fatigue I haven't had since this spring/summer, and right before the busiest time of year. Crying or Very sad

Do the Holidays + the Holiday stress = Flare?? I've been done with Christmas shopping, etc for a while and really don't feel a lot of stress right now.

Hugs!
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Fatigue and the Holiday Season Empty Re: Fatigue and the Holiday Season

Post by socalmonica Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:54 am

I hear ya girl and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping but you know what? I'm not even worried about it. It is what it is. I'm not stressing about it anymore!! Smile

Hugs to all of you!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:28 am

Hey ladies and Ray if youre about.... as women, we put so much stress onto ourselves. This thanksgiving will be the first one without my oldest son. (prison) and I have been in such a funk about it too. My sister inlaw etal, wants to come over. I've always been a good hostess, but my heart just isn't in it. As of this moment, I have not extended an invitation, I'm still kinda shocked at her guts to invite herself and family. But her family, like mine is shrinking and she doesn't want to be lonely/quiet. I did grocery shop for everything, and that bout wiped me out.
I have shopped a tiny, tiny bit for Christmas. I am really gonna have to force myself to even decorate. If I don't, it will be the 1st. I think I need to just immerse myself in the holidays and try my best to not get over-whelmed and to enjoy the lights, music, food, people, etc.. I usually try to be superwoman at this time... you know. Ha, every year I say "this year I;m gonna take it easy" ... lol
I really like your attitude Monica.... I'm not stressing about it anymore!"
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:43 am

I think for me it's the whole thing - not feeling 100%, fatigued, stressed, depressed, etc. etc. It's hard to get in the mood when you are not in the mood!! Sorry to be so down, fa la la la la. Who knows, tomorrow could be a "happy" day. It's raining here and that doesn't help the mood. But Monica is right - it is what it is. Rolling Eyes
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am

Hello Ladies:

I'm in agreement with all of you. I just want simplicity this year. We are not doing the whole Thanksgiving meal this year. We are just staying home and treating ourselves to lobster tail. It's not any more money than all the fixings for a big turkey meal. My husband is cooking it on the grill (no mess) and we will have a couple of side dishes.

As for Christmas (my favority time of year), I am doing minimal decorating but will enjoy the music, lights, food, etc. I just want to rest and relax but enjoy the season. As far as Christmas shopping goes, - it may get done by catalog shopping this year. I have to ship a lot of presents anyway -I think it would be more cost effective and less stressful for me.
And, I'm with Monica - if it doesn't get done - oh well. I'm not going to worry about it, either.

Here's wishing all of us a happy holiday season - be good to yourselves - you deserve it. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. I love you

Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:26 am

Sounds as though we are all pretty much in agreement, I am not much in the mood for the holidays this year and I have resolved to go with whatever comes along or doesn't for that matter. It has been a rough six or so months for me and the last thing I can do at this point is stress out about the holidays, trust me this is definately the first for me. I am the youngest of 8 children, 6 older brothers and 1 sister who is 15 years my senior. My sister and one brother live in upstate NY, one brother who has past and the rest of us live here in West TX. I have always been the glue that held everyone together, if anyone needed anything they called on me, I did it for my Mom, to make sure there was always peace while she was alive. Well, now Mom is gone and I am just not up to it anylonger, so this year I told everyone they needed make alternate plans I was not doing any entertaining. Trust me, they were all shocked, my sister in laws are so used to everything being at my house and my husband and I footing the bill and cleaning up.

I normally have every room in the house decorated (even the bathrooms and half bath), presents generally flow from the dedicated room the tree is put up in out into the foyer of my house and into the living room.....this year I'm not even putting up a tree! Talk about being in a funk... I can relate. I don't know if it's all to do with how bad I feel, the overall state of the economy or a combination, but I told my husband the presents are going to be cut way back this year as well. I am not buying for nieces and nephews that can only seem to find my house once a year on Christmas and things of that nature. I am ready to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and ready to make it less commerical and less hectic.

I think the last thing any of us needs is more stress in our lives. I too send you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, the Merriest of Christmas and the Happiest of New Years! May each of you be blessed with much needed rest, relaxation and good health!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 am

I love Poppy's Thanksgiving meal! I'm all for lobster tail! Woohoo! And on the BBQ, no mess. That is great. Actually, my hubby had lapband surgery today so we are not even cooking at all this weekend. Doesn't break my heart ONE BIT! He comes home tomorrow and it is soup all weekend for him and that is fine with me.

Karen, I'm sorry about your son. Hang in there this season!

And Chris... I'm cracking up at your fa la la la la la....

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 am

We're having Thanksgiving at my house - only 8 people so not too bad. I had a girl come in and clean the house on Monday. I can't do it all and I get sooo stressed about it. My husband is the cook so I don't even have to do that. Some are bringing side dishes and dessert so that also helps. I'm lucky but I still have that "I don't really care" attitude. I really like Poppy's idea about the lobster though. Very Happy

We already decided for Christmas, no presents except for the kids. I decided I'd rather donate money to a charity or cause. I feel very fortunate right now to have a roof over our heads, food on the table and clothes on our backs. With the economy the way it is right now, I rather see someone else be able to have a Christmas. I'm actually going to donate to the Salvation Army since they fed my Mother's family during the depression. Pay it forward.

Monica - I'm glad I made you laugh! Laughing
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Chris - You have the right idea about the holidays! You say you don't really care but you do care and it is in the right way. I feel the same way. I am grateful for all that I have and want to help others who are not as fortunate. I think more and more people are thinking that way, too. It's gotten to be so commercial and expected. I like your pay it forward idea!! Smile

Monica -best wishes to you and your husband. I hope he recovers well from his surgery. sunny

Melissa - good for you for doing what YOU want to do this year. Isn't it funny how our relatives just expect things from us all the time and never think about what we might need. It can be so inconsiderate on their parts. Just take care of yourself. Like a Star @ heaven

Karen - My heart is with you about your son. I know how empty you must feel. I hope you find the strength to get through this tough time. I love you

Beth - I hope you start feeling better - very soon. Find the time to pamper yourself and forget those things that don't need to be done. flower

So, everyone - have a great day tomorrow whatever you do or however you celebrate - I am so thankful we have each other for support and friendship!!
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:54 am

Hello All you wonderfull LADIES

I to know about all the stress from my side of the fence, over the holiday seasons, but i admit that you ladies have alot more to deal with. I say to you ladies!! to say the Hell with stress, let someone else deal with it. You girls just kick back and take it easy.

Wishing all of you and your families A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON Very Happy

PS Karen
i can relate about your son, mine was in for two yrs, but hes out now and starting over, but it is hard on mons and dads while their gone, but it does get better

flower flower flower for yalls tables from the yardman

Take care and God bless
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:11 am

Hi Poppy,

"Pay It Forward" is from AA. Great idea to live by. Very Happy

Thanks, Ray, you're a Sweet I love you !!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! Gobble Gobble cheers
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Here's to a
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I am thankful for all of you here for your kindness, love and support. Without you, it would be, well, harder.
Wishing you and yours well.

thx Ray, like chris said, you're a sweet I love you sorry to hear about your son too, and thanks for the share, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with this particular problem.... reality check - I'm not. Good to hear he is out and starting over, I hope he is doing well.
Happy Holidays!!
kking
kking

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:19 pm

ALL you ladies or i should say young girls Smile

THANK YOU Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy

flower flower ME

Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:03 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I survived...with the festivities at our house, even!! I had a lot of help..my sons, ages 12 and 16, my husband, my mom and dad and my sister. I am sooooo thankful for my family...blood relations and my loopy "family"!!

Who needs tryptophan when you have Lupus??!! On that note, I think it's time for a nap! Shocked

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:29 am

lol Beth,
Glad to hear you had a wonderful T day. As I hope all of you did. It's great that you had help. Ours was quiet and our neighbors came over - last min deal, but we had plenty of food. Next! Christmas.... ohhh.
kking
kking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down