Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving

+2
socalmonica
christines555
6 posters

Go down

Thanksgiving Empty Thanksgiving

Post by christines555 Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:21 am

Hi Everybody,

How was your Thanksgiving holiday? I had a wonderful day with our families. We were expecting 8 and possibly 10 people. Wound up only 6 which was nice. My hubby, Dave, out did himself cooking this year. I get so nuts when the holidays are here and worry about this and that and can't relax until it is over. It's like holding my breath. I don't know why, our families get along so there is no problem there. I didn't have alot to do but the fatigue was too much. Then our grandson, Aaron, decided he wanted to spend the weekend with us so it was even more special. All the depression, worrying, stress etc. was for nothing again. Just something I go through till it's over. Christmas we're going to my daughter's so YEAH!!

Hope everyone had a feel good holiday!! cheers
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Empty Re: Thanksgiving

Post by socalmonica Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey there! Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We had a laid back holiday out here. Since the hubby had surgery Tuesday, I took the kids Thursday and we went to Santa Barbara (about an hour and a half away) with my parents for a very untraditional Thanksgiving and went to a nice restaurant. Got everyone out of the house for him to rest and no cooking or cleaning for me. Then Saturday we went up about an hour away drive to an aunt's house for the traditional Thanksgiving and had the big feast. I only had to make the green bean casserole this year so nice and easy for me. My hubby felt good enough to go with us and he did all the dishes even. (he is such a keeper!) There were about 15 of us up there. Even my best friend from grade school joined us with her hubby and kids. It was a great day. And I have been feeling really good lately so I am very happy about that. YIPPEE!!!

Sending hugs to all of you!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Hello All,

I too hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and extended weekend. My family and I went to my brother's house he did the cooking this year since I told them I was not up to it. I warmed up a pre-cooked spiral ham and make an asparagas dish my sister in law asked me to make, but other than that it was easy sailing. My husband cleaned up as I prepared things and I used throw away aluminum pans to take with us, so no fuss there either. It has to be the most relaxing holiday I have had in years and years.

On Friday my best friends family got together for lunch and invited me to join them, that was very enjoyable to get to see folks I don't get to see often and talk about old times. She and I have been friends for 30+ years, so lots of stories.

Still struggling with this pain in the rib cage and mild fatigue, but other than that doing fairly well. Hitting the "cyber Monday" sales on the web, as that is how the majority of my Christmas shopping is being done this year, via the internet. The good thing is most places will wrap the items as well (for a fee of course, but to me it's worth it.) The ones that don't offer wrapping I am paying my 15 year old niece to wrap, she is saving for a car, so hey it works for both of us. It's funny, I used to be so maticulous about my tree, the wrapping the whole bit. The paper all had to match, the ribbon had to match and had to be real cloth ribbon, and each year I changed the theme of my tree. Last year I didn't even put up a tree, this year I bought one because my kids were so mad last year, but it's one of those that's small and in one of those urn's...LOL. Just don't have the energy or desire anymore.

Just call me Scrooge!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:42 am

Hi Everyone:

So glad to hear that everyone had a great holiday. Ours was relaxing and went as planned. The weather even cooperated for a couple of days. Then it got cold and rainy - but that's ok.

I put my Christmas tree up this weekend. Now I just need to get the rest of the decorations up and the outside stuff. I'm doing it a little at a time. I haven't started the shopping yet. I need to make some lists - so I can remember what I'm doing. LOL Razz

I am so grateful that I am feeling so much better! cheers I have now been off the pred. for one month and feel pretty darn good. As Monica says, Yippee!!

I wish all of you better health and less pain. I'm sending good vibes your way!!

Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by californiacat Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 am

Happy Holidays to all...I have missed you guys and so appreciate all the sweet emails and am sorry for not responding to you all...I have been feeling better and taking a break off the computer cuz for almost a year it was my only companion and I just need a break!!!!I don't celebrate Christmas or Hannukkah really so no tree no gifts no family no nothing!!!!Bah humbug huh??!!But I am grateful to be feeling a bit better,and for my friends here and ALL of you guys!!!!Thanks for all and don't get too crazy w/ the holidays!!!!!xoxoxoxoxox

californiacat

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Hey Barb! Good to hear from ya and so glad you are feeling better.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Barb,

So happy to see your post and to hear you are doing better! I am sending nothing but good thoughts and prayers your way that the trend continues!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:50 am

Hi Barb,

Happy Holidays to you!! Just hearing that you are feeling better is reason enough to celebrate and be happy! I love you
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 pm

Barbara

Hello from me too!!!! Glad you are doing more and injoying life as it should be.

flower Very Happy Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down