Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chest X-Ray Results Are In

3 posters

Go down

Chest X-Ray Results Are In Empty Chest X-Ray Results Are In

Post by Rileysmom Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:40 am

Well, my doctor called me today to give me my results from my chest x-ray, I knew right away if she was calling me on Christmas Eve it wasn't going to be good. She said that there was calcification in the right lung and that she was going to have the radiologist compare the x-ray from August to this one to see if there was any growth.

See, she just came back to our clinic after being gone for a couple of years, I used to see her for a number of years. Unfortunately, in August I was seeing this other doctor, whom, I do not care for, but that is a whole other story, he simply told me I had a couple of spots on my lung at the time. He followed up with a CT scan which supposedly came out clear so I didn't think too much more about it. I thought, well it must have been fluid or something at the time. Obviously not. This lady doctor is a very good friend of mine, our daughters grew up together, we used to take family vacations together and spend holidays together and such. She is much more caring and will do a much better job looking after me and my medical care.

I also have a heart echo scheduled for the 29th, as she believes there is an issue with my heart valve. So, between the calcification on the lung and the valve issue it's no wonder I've been a bit short of breath, huh?

It will all work out though, I'm just going to keep a positive attitude on the issue.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Chest X-Ray Results Are In Empty Re: Chest X-Ray Results Are In

Post by Poppy Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Melissa:

I'm so relieved that you have someone whom you can trust and feel confident about the care they give you. That makes all the difference in getting you healed. You have been struggling for a long time. The hard part is fighting for yourself while you are not feeling well. At least, now, you will be in good hands.

I hope all goes well for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Good Luck, Melissa and keep us posted. Try to relax today and don't worry (if you can). sunny
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:01 am

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry the doc called to give you the results especially on Christmas Eve. You know it's not good when they call around holidays. I agree with Poppy though at least you will feel more confident now that your doctor is back and I'm sure she will do all the right things for you. I'm glad you are going to keep a positive attitude as that will help tremendously. I hope in the meantime you were able to have a Merry Christmas with your family. You are in my prayers. I love you
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:44 am

Thank you all so much for your support. My doctor meant well, she really didn't mean to ruin my Christmas or anything, trust me. She actually came over for a couple of hours on Christmas day to visit and we had lunch today.

I had a very nice Christmas and I hope you all did as well. Keep the prayers coming, I need all I can get. I tried to go shopping with my daughter today and got totally exhausted. I am in bed now, totally beat, it's only 6:30 here! I hope the results from the echo on Monday come back quickly and we are able to get moving on this issue. As I said I am trying not to worry and am trying to keep a positive attitude, we all know how that can be, especially when you start getting worn out.

Take care everyone, talk to you soon.
Melissa

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down