Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nagging cough!!

4 posters

Go down

Nagging cough!! Empty Nagging cough!!

Post by socalmonica Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi there.... just wondering if anyone else has had this ongoing nagging cough that won't go away. I got a cold the weekend of Easter. Typical cold. I had it a week and I did what I was supposed to do, after a week of still having it, I went to the doc and got on the antibiotic since I am on the immunosupressent. Well, the cough never went away. Two weeks ago, I went in because I couldn't sleep because the cough was driving me crazy at night. I just wanted the cough syrup with codein. Other than that, I felt fine. A tad of congestion. The coughing is nonproductive too. She gave me the cough medicine and told me then if I am not better in 2 weeks to go see a pulmonologist. Well, the cough is still there. Not bad and I feel fine. I just have this nagging cough that won't go away. I keep hearing from a lot of people that this cold does this and the cough hangs on. So question is, am I wasting my time going to see a pulmonologist at this point? Is this just one of those colds that does this? Anyone else have this going on? I mean if it was something else going on, wouldn't I have some other symptoms going on and feel bad? I feel fine. It's so hard for me because I was always raised to toughen up and not go to the doc unless I had to but I know with this disease you can't really be that way. UGh! So not how I was raised. LOL!! Against the grain!!! Tell me your thoughts!!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Nagging cough!! Empty Re: Nagging cough!!

Post by maidmaz Sat May 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Monica,

Mmmmm.........tough one confused ! I would get in touch with your Rheumy first and foremost. Last year when I was on mtx I had an ongoing cough, when I queried my GP about it he told me that mtx can cause a cough, so that could be your answer, same scenario as you I started with a cold that developed a cough and I never got rid of it until I went off the mtx! Your Rheumy is probably the better one to advise whether or not you need the Pulmonologist. I too was raised to be tough as far as illness goes, but learnt a hard lesson last year when I ended up in Hospital, now I figure it's better to be safe than sorry and I soooo hate hospital!!!!! affraid

Please keep me informed.

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Mon May 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks Maz, I have an appt with my rheumy next week so maybe I'll hold off until then and see what he has to say. Hadn't even thought about that. I'll keep you posted.

Monica

socalmonica

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Maz's advice is great! I would do the same thing. I had a nagging, dry cough that lasted for over a year. My GP finally sent me to a pulmonolist and I was diagnosed with asthma...but I wasn't on Mtx at that time and it didn't start out as a regular cold.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Thu May 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Are you on any new blood pressure meds? Sometimes, some of them can cause an irritating cough. Maybe something to think about.....

Keep us posted....
Jenny
Jenny

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Thu May 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks for the advice! It is slightly better actually but hasn't gone away. It isn't keeping me up at night anymore. And I always feel like I need to clear my throat but it doesn't really clear. My appt is on Tuesday with rhuemy so we'll see what he has to say. Man Beth, I don't think I could last a year!! You're a trooper!!! But like I said, I feel fine, just more annoying than anything.

Monica

socalmonica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum