Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malar rash that comes & goes....

3 posters

Go down

Malar rash that comes & goes.... Empty Malar rash that comes & goes....

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue May 12, 2009 1:33 am

I have not noticed a butterfly rash that remains all the time, and occuring to my rheumy she has not noticed it either, but I do see it when I am very tired or not feeling well. Even if it does not spread across my cheeks (which it does at times - just like the pictures), it remains bright red over the bridge of my nose (this is most of the time). I have noticed that the skin under the the rash is thicker & courser. Does this sound like a malar rash or not? Maybe I'm the only one noticing it because I'm more familiar with what my face usually looks like. Others have noticed the redness and hives up my neck and on my face when I'm sitting under any type of flourescent light or sunlight.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Malar rash that comes & goes.... Empty Re: Malar rash that comes & goes....

Post by socalmonica Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 am

I get the redness on my cheeks around my nose from time to time like you say, when I am tired or not feeling well. I can usually cover it up with makeup. It used to be worse before the plaquenil but it seems to control it better now. I think I notice it more than anyone else too. I do get redness on my neck and chest in the sunlight now and I never got that when I was younger.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Girls,

I have to say I have the same thing, it mainly happens when I have been in the sun or as you both said tiredness will bring it on and also if I'm unwell! Interestingly enough, other people tend to notice more than I do, mainly my Mum and Sister have commented on it, I also have the whole chest redness too. As for whether or not it is the malar rash Beth, I don't know either and when I asked my Rheumy about it, he said no it wasn't but it wasn't really present then either so who knows!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum