Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTRODUCTION...

3 posters

Go down

INTRODUCTION... Empty INTRODUCTION...

Post by Pixi Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi. Happy to have found this Aussie forum and look foward to reading it & chipping in now and again.

I'm Pixi, from Victoria Australia and I was dx'd with lupus way back in 1988 in the UK when I was in my early twenties. I have multiple health challenges aside from the lupus which makes life tough living alone with no outside support other than paid care workers etc. I'm having a heap of new flares so am not a happy camper right now. My lupus has been ignored for the most part by a plethora of uneducated GP's over the years. I'm just having some new tests done this week as have run into some problems with it, kidneys & liver. I'm newly on Mobic (anti-inflam) and weaning off Cymbalta as it was useless for neuropathic pain and made me incontinent - yuck. I have developed Nystagmus and Meneire's disease also, but my main complication is advanced osteoporosis (brittle bones) so I fracture quite a lot and "hug" is a dirty word around here! I'm diabetic (IR T2) and have nocturnal seizures, bouts of dementia and I have a gimp because the arthritis has crippled me. I use a walker & wheelchair a lot. All in all, I'm a great catch for some unsuspecting fella! Laughing I live with my darling cats and Rosie my medi alert (but near useless) service dog in training. I have low vision from the glucose bends, so that's another problem I'm trying to deal with hence need bigger text to read. I have the malar rash on my neck & V chest area which gets really angry looking and it's sometimes on my face, but milder. I have lesions on my legs and popping up everywhere. I hate lupus!
Sad

Pixi
Pixi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCTION... Empty Re: INTRODUCTION...

Post by mallo Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

Wow you make me feel like a piker , u have a lot to handle . Smile I think u may end up a boddishasta if i can spell it.

mallo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixi Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 am

Bodhisattva - LOL! I certainly have the belly of a Buddha these days. :p Did the others get abducted from here by lupus loving martians? An apocalypse I slept through? A lot of the posts are pre-Julia-Gillard...very strange. Smile
Pixi
Pixi

Back to top Go down

Post by mallo Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 am

maybe they have formed sub groups and have forgotten the "whole" It wont be long before any posts are post julia hows ur doggie going? ,mal @ mbarnes127@hotmail.com

mallo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixi Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 am

Heh. Rosie Bugs is in disgrace after escaping and rolling in cow pooh. Just charming, but then again, she is the world's greatest dis-service dawg. Smile
Pixi
Pixi

Back to top Go down

Post by mallo Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 pm

lucky you, she,s just doing her doggie thing ,the last dog i had was well trained i could almost get him to do anything by facial expression but he would get out ,chase the girl dogs and then celebrate by rolling in crap, i never had him desexed , which would have helped . how do u find the start of the cooler weather , does it affect u? I moved to Qld 'I used to dread winter. Im off to see Dalai Lama in June , I,ll ask if bellies make buddhas Laughing

mallo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeaGee Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Ah, well, some "recent" posts!! And from fellow- aussies? Which is what I was looking for really? Pixi, you are really in "the wars" with it!! Sheesh!! hope you're getting some relief? Mallo - need to find my way around this forum to see what's what?

Hope all well as can be..... Surprised)

BeaGee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum