Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSD Approval

5 posters

Go down

SSD Approval Empty SSD Approval

Post by Rileysmom Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post and share my good news with you all. I filed for SSD on December 18th and received my award letter this past Monday! Whew, I cannot tell you what a relief it was! While I still have to play the STD game and keep them happy with doctors office notes and such until September when I can be switched over to LTD I am so happy to have been approved for SSD the first time around.

I hope this will relieve some of the stress I have been under worrying about that and allow me to focus more on getting this damn disease under control!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

SSD Approval Empty Re: SSD Approval

Post by yardman417 Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:19 am

Melissa

YEA cheers i know this has to take alot of the stress from you.

And yes you can focus on YOU Very Happy

Take care
flower yardman
RAY
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Melissa

WOW - that's great news and on the first time round!!! cheers I am so glad you don't have to go through any more stress over this.

I filed last January and was denied in May. I appealed, with a lawyer, and now have a hearing scheduled for May 13th. The lawyer said the judge looks like Omar Sharif ( Very Happy ) but that he is the "stupidist judge" on the bench ( Crying or Very sad ). So I'm feeling a little stressed about the upcoming hearing. But que sera sera....
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Congratulations Melissa cheers

I'm so glad you were approved 1st time round, I hope it does relieve the stress a lot!

Chris,

I hope things go well for you I will keep everything crossed for you!

It must be horrendous for you guys when you have to go through the SSD process, I really do feel for you. People here complain about our Social Security (Government run and funded) and I say to them "Don't complain we have it good compared to the USA!" and it is so so true!!!

But it is very good to hear some Good News, so Thanks for sharing with us Melissa, now sit back for a while and relax and allow yourself to "Get Better" lol! .........Well "our kind" of better anyway!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz

P.S. Hi Ray!!
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Thank you all very much! And Chris, I'm so sorry you are being run through the system! I was stressing so much about going through that as well. My rheumy actually put in his office notes to my STD company that part of the reason he felt I was not getting well and my meds were not working was because of all the stress they were putting me under trying to remain in compliance and keep them happy! I was shocked that he said that word for word! He's a really nice man, kind, quiet and gentle, when I read that in the copy I received I just started laughing, and I was sure that Allsup, the company I hired got that to SSD as well. LOL.

Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well for you in May!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:05 am

Thanks, Maz and Melissa!! I am really not looking forward to this at all but I worked and paid into SS for 30+ years.

What's great is that when one of us wins - we all feel like we had a victory!! cheers
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:11 pm

YAY Melissa, that takes a lot of stress off. Now you can focus on you getting better.

Chris, as the others said, I will say a little prayer and hope you get yours in May.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum