Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartburn, Acid Reflux......

3 posters

Go down

Heartburn, Acid Reflux...... Empty Heartburn, Acid Reflux......

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:51 am

I am wondering if the new symptoms I am experiencing of regular heartburn, acid reflux and difficulty swallowing food is related to the Lupus or if it is a result of the amounts of meds I am on. I always make sure I have plenty of food in me before taking my meds and take the prednisone with milk so I don't have to deal with the nasty taste. Maybe it has to do with Sjogren's? Thankfully my appt at Mayo is in 2 weeks so hopefully there will be some answers. I've been so horribly tired and short of breath lately, too....but that's "normal"....for me at least! Rolling Eyes

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Heartburn, Acid Reflux...... Empty Re: Heartburn, Acid Reflux......

Post by Melody297 Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 pm

I too have the Sjogren's , but do not have a problem with heartburn, just the very dry eyes, and dry mouth.. Hopefully your appointment will give you the answers you need!

Melody

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 am

Hi Girls,

I don't have Sjorgren's but in the last six months or more have the most horrible heartburn. I was wondering too if it is the disease or the meds. I take Zantac 300mgs but some days its 600mgs. I also try to be careful of what I eat such as fried foods, tomato sauce and I drink no acid OJ. It seems to help a little but when it hits, I wanna cry! Sad
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum