Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the sun cause you to break out?

4 posters

Go down

Does the sun cause you to break out? Empty Does the sun cause you to break out?

Post by Melody297 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:58 am

I tend to break out in which looks like at time what poison oak or ivy looks like when im exposed to direct sunlight. It also itches like crazy. Today it looked like i had been eaten up by misquitoes..... I love the sun, but never the less i have to avoid it. It tends to be just on my arms. Does anyone else experice this?

thanks
Melody No

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Does the sun cause you to break out? Empty Re: Does the sun cause you to break out?

Post by Poppy Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Melody:

You are not alone.

Yes, I experience the same thing. Fluorescent lighting also does that to me. I have to wear sunscreen all the time. Even while using sunscreen, I can only be in the sun for a limited amount of time. This has been one of the most difficult things for me to become accustomed to since I am really an outdoor girl. Sad But we learn to do what we have to do to live with this
disease. Now, I just try to cover up as much as I can and limit my time in the sun.

I know it's a challenge since we both live in Georgia. Smile Our summers are long and hot!
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Does the sun cause you to break out? Empty Re: Does the sun cause you to break out?

Post by socalmonica Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Yes, I do this from time to time. I will say the Plaquenil has kept it under control though. WHen it first started I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something but then it happened again and I figured out what it was. So now when I go to the beach I get an umbrella and try to keep myself covered as much as I can but I notice when I go into the sun even if I stay in the shade I end up exhausted anyway if I go for too long.

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

I only have to be in the sun for a few minutes and my face, neck & chest turn bright red. I start to get itchy, too. Not only do I turn red but I start to get the sores inside my mouth and it aggravates my asthma. I end up with a really dry, annoying cough.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody297 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks yall for the input!!
What do yall put on your itchy blotches??

Melody

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Benedryl helped me.

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum