Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Blood Pressure on top of everything else!

3 posters

Go down

High Blood Pressure on top of everything else! Empty High Blood Pressure on top of everything else!

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Mayo results showed high blood pressure/hypertension. Could this be due to weight gain from Prenisone and inactivity? Other med side effects? Kidney issues?

I knew there was a good reason my shortness of breath got worse, I sweat a lot more and I have had headaches very different from my normal headaches.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

High Blood Pressure on top of everything else! Empty Re: High Blood Pressure on top of everything else!

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 pm

So far, the Mayo tests show:
Sjogren's - based on postive SSA
Rising Blood Pressure - 133/79
High Level of WBC in urine

I'll be seeing my rheumy on Monday, so I'm sure she'll be able to help me understand everything.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

High Blood Pressure on top of everything else! Empty Re: High Blood Pressure on top of everything else!

Post by Poppy Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Beth:

I have high blood pressure, too, but was diagnosed with it before my lupus dx. I think it can be caused from the pred but I'm not sure. It doesn't look like your blood pressure is that high.

Oh, and it can be caused from "white coat syndrome" - fear of doctor's visits. LOL No, it's true - have them take it 5-10 min. after your first reading. It happens to me sometimes - and I don't feel anxious or anything but they say it does affect us that way, at times. Something else I have encountered is that - if they take it manually - it is usually lower than when they take it with the automatic blood pressure machine.

I'm sure your doc will give you more info when you see him. Good luck. I love you
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:19 pm

What is the high level of WBC in urine caused from? Did they say? And like Poppy said, your BP isn't that high thankfully. Hopefully it doesn't go any higher. maybe when you go on Monday to your rheumy it will be back to your normal range.

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Nothing was in the reports about the high WBC in the urine, so I will ask my regular rheumy on Monday when I see her. I have a ton of questions for her about the Mayo tests. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:07 pm

When I went to my rheumy appt yesterday, I had a ton of questions for her. There was conflicting info coming from Mayo and it was determined that I do not have Sjogren's at this time. My rheumy still says that even without the positive ANA, I do have enough symptoms for my illness to be classified as Lupus.

My blood pressure was normal at my appt yesterday, but due to the fact that I get really short of breath, light headed & have to site down after very little exertion...and the fact that my heart murmur is now appearing again....my GP will be doing some additional cardiac tests. Probably the Holter monitor test.

As far as the elevated WBCs in my urine....my rheumy said that can happen if you've been walking a lot. That made sense as we had walked all over the area around the Mayo clinic that day. She said the levels were not high enough for concern.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum