Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bruising on hands

3 posters

Go down

bruising on hands Empty bruising on hands

Post by socalmonica Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Hello to you all! Hope you are doing well. I have had something interesting pop up and wanted to get your feedback. My brother got married this last week so needless to say it has been a busy week for my family. It has been a weeklong marriage, since he got married on Wednesday, 09/09/09, and the reception was on SUnday. So I partied on Sunday and danced and of course I am so sore I can hardly walk up and down my stairs. LOL!!! But what I found very odd is that on the inside of my hands was that yesterday morning, the day after the reception, my right hand (and I am left handed, not that it means anything) was bruised and slightly swollen but not much. mostly just purple and sore. I knew I didn't hurt it. Of course my husband tries to tease me and tell me that I was so drunk I kept falling and I knocked over a table. Of course I didn't!!! He kept saying, Don't you remember? HA HA!!! It did make me actually start to wonder. bruising on hands Icon_tongue Anyway, later on in the day, my left hand started up with the same thing a little higher in the palm of my hand. THey are still sore today and slightly purple. Of course I am wiped out and I overdid it with the family all in town. I feel like I could sleep for a couple of days if someone would just come take these kids!! Pinch me I'm dreaming.

I am starting with new doctors this week because my insurance has switched to Kaiser so this will be a new experience for me. Never dealt with Kaiser before. So today off to meet the new GP before she refers me to the new rheumy. I feel like I am starting all over again.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts!!!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

bruising on hands Empty Re: bruising on hands

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Monica,
Do you have Raynaud's? I have found that with my Raynaud's, half the time I can't tell if it is joint pain and swelling in my hands or the Raynaud's that causes the issues. Just a thought.....

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Beth, you know, I am starting to wonder about Raynauds because I have a lot of symptoms but my fingers don't turn red, purple and white on the ends. But I do have so many other symptoms, of course like you mentioned, some of those could be the lupus. Could this be a symptom of Raynauds? I have never had anything like this happen before. I am still not myself since the wedding. I guess you pay to play!! I had so much fun dancing that night but boy I couldn't walk for almost a week.

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:05 am

Monica

Sorry i couldn't give much input on the hands thing, but i hope they are gettin better!

RAY
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum