Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H1N1 Vaccine

4 posters

Go down

H1N1 Vaccine Empty H1N1 Vaccine

Post by AbsolutelyFab Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Hello,

Has anyone out there been able to get the H1N1 vaccine? Did you have any reaction to it?

I've had difficulty finding anyplace were I can get it her in North Dakota/Minnesota, although they have yet to run out of it at any of the H1N1 flu clinic locations. They are even saying they are surprised that the lines are gone by early in the morning, then there are few people coming through at the end of the day. Although I have Lupus, asthma & I'm on immunosuprressants, I'm not considered a priority. Go figure that one out H1N1 Vaccine Icon_eek ! Both my GP and rheumy have told me I need to get it, but neither has access to it right now.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

H1N1 Vaccine Empty Re: H1N1 Vaccine

Post by christines555 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:57 am

Hi Beth,

My rheumy recommended getting the regular flu shot and H1N1 too. However, I haven't been able to get either right now. There is only one drug store (Walgreen's) that had the regular flu shot available. My pcp doesn't know if or when he is getting them in. So I'll be lucky if I get the regular shot and I'm not counting on getting the swine flu shot.
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:23 am

I haven't been able to get it yet either. My kids have both gotten it and have no reaction to it but I, like you, am not a priority yet. Sad So, just waiting until I can get it. I am a Kaiser patient and I am told that they are just waiting until the next group opens up. Right now it is just pregnant women, kids, and people who work in the medical field out here in California. I have had my regular flu shot though.

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi All:

I have had my regular flu shot but unable to get the H1N1 shot - it's just not available, yet. Kids and pregnant women are first in line and there isn't enough to go around - even the folks I know in the medical field can't seem to get it. It seems to be that way everywhere. I have a rheumy appt. at the end of the month and hope my doc has it in his office by then.

Good luck to everyone and let's hope none of us contract this flu! H1N1 Vaccine Herz
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:57 am

I have my regular rheumy appointment on Dec. 7th, so I'm hoping she will have them available in her office then. I did get my seasonal flu shot in September, but from what I understand I should probably have gotten the pneumonia vaccine, as well. I will ask my rheumy about that one, too!

Hope everyone is staying healthy & happy!

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi there, I just found out that I can get my H1N1 as of today. It is mandated by the state too so you may want to check with you doctors and see if you can get your vaccine yet. My insurance has a clinic tomorrow afternoon and they have added people with chronic illnesses.

Monica

socalmonica

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Got my H1n1 shot yesterday. No reaction. Yippee! Hope you guys can get yours too and have no reaction.

socalmonica

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 am

I got my H1N1 vaccine today. No problems with it so far!

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down