Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i loose wieght on prednisone??

2 posters

Go down

Can i loose wieght on prednisone?? Empty Can i loose wieght on prednisone??

Post by suen Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 am

Hi All.

I was diagnosed with Discoid Lupus in 2007. Although i have it for longer undiagnosed. The first time it became active was while i was pregnant with my now 3 year old son. Most docotors thought it was just pregnancy realated.

My question is - has anyone had any luck loosing weight while on prednisone?? ATM i am taking 15mg and day. Ive just started the bodytrim diet and im praying that it will work.

Thanks

Sue

suen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Can i loose wieght on prednisone?? Empty Re: Can i loose wieght on prednisone??

Post by Poppy Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Suen:

Welcome to the board! It has been a little slow here, lately, but keep checking in - it's a good place to get info and meet the nicest people Can i loose wieght on prednisone?? Icon_biggrin .

I did not have any luck losing weight while on pred. My doc told me not to worry about it until I was off of it. It takes 3 months after you are totally off of it to be out of your system. In the meantime, I would try to just watch your diet and eat healthy and try to get some moderate exercise.

Once I came off the pred., I had to work hard to lose the extra weight - but I did. Now, everyone is different and there are many factors that play into this, as well. So, do what is best for you and just remember to not overdo anything - it can cause more problems for you.

Good Luck!!! Can i loose wieght on prednisone?? Icon_cheers
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down