Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it?

5 posters

Go down

How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it? Empty How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it?

Post by californiacat Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi All,

I was just curious as to how many of you have Raynuads and what helps you with it.....I do have Raynauds and currently take calcium channel blockers and nitroglycerin ointment for it.Mine is pretty severe, especially in the colder weather.My fingers turn red,white and purple and I love you lose much sensation and feeling in them.In the past they got so bad that I developed ulcers on them and then got an infection.Raynauds can be very serious and dangerous if not treated properly.I have also burnt my hands/fingers at times because I have no feeling in them and cannot tell if something is hot until it is too late.I do try to keep myself warm, and not just my hands as my doctor said it is important to keep my entire body warm in order to help w/ the Raynauds.I would love to hear from others who have Raynauds and what helps you,etc.Thanks!!!! Barbara

affraid Also I highly recc. PROLOTEX gloves which can be oredered online; they help a lot with circulation and warmth!!!!

Last edited by californiacat on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

californiacat

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it? Empty Re: How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it?

Post by Poppy Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Barb:

I have Raynauds Phenomenan which was diagnosed approx. 20 years ago. At that time, I started taking Vit. E for circulation and I didn't have any further problems with it until this last winter right before my dx with SLE. I couldn't believe how bad it got this winter and it did get better this summer but I still have some flare ups when my hands get cold. I was going to ask my doc when I see him next (1st week in Oct.) if he could give me something to treat it. So, I appreciate all the info you have given on this illness. So far, all I have had in terms of symptoms is that my finger tips go white and get numb - then turn red and purple when the blood flows back into them. It is on both hands and primarily three fingers, index, middle and ring fingers. I think my toes are affected, as well, I don't always notice them - I have never seen them turn white but sometimes when cold, they look purple to me. No
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it? Empty Re: How many of you have Raynauds and what helps you with it?

Post by maidmaz Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:16 am

Hi Barb,

I have Raynaud's, I actually have that to thank for getting my SLE dx Neutral , had the Raynaud's not appeared I would never have known there was something wrong. I take Calcium Channel Blockers also, when it 1st started my hands, ears, nose and top lip were affected. I still have a little bit of trouble with my hands and ears but it is mostly under control. If I have ice (which I try not to) my top lip will sometimes flare up but goes away fairly quickly. My Rheumy told me when I was 1st dx'd that the Pulmonary Artery can also be affected, I found out how true that was when I had a Bronchial spasm whilst under anaesthetic last year for a Colcoscopy due to the cold air they use during the operations. I woke up gasping for air and it was not very nice I can tell you, in fact it was really frightening. I now have a letter that I have to take with me whenever I have to see an Anaesthatist to make them aware of what could happen, it puts me off going under anaesthetic I can tell you affraid !

I hope mine remains under control and I never have to use anything but the Calcium Channel Blockers!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:30 am

I have just recently been dx's with Raynaud's. I am currently not being treated for it but that may have to do with fact that my last rheumy appt was before the transcriptionist were able to get the lab results entered into my med files. It hasn't been bothering me too badly right now, but it has been really hot here lately. I do notice issues at work in the A/C though and plan on ordering some of the "wristies" from that you can order via a link on the Raynauds.org site.

Ask me how I'm doing again in about 3 or 4 months when the windchill can get to -40F where I live! Suspect
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 am

I purchased some of the Wristies (from the Raynauds.org site) and I love them. I have the ones that go up to my elbows...and what a difference they have made it work!! I sit right under an A/C vent that blasts cold air on my all day.
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 am

Hello Beth

Glad you have found something that helps, it always helps when something makes our lives better.

flower from the yardman
Also happy late BIRTHDAY wishes cheers

Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 am

Thanks, Ray! Very Happy
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum