Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ribcage Pain

3 posters

Go down

Ribcage Pain Empty Ribcage Pain

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:36 am

I just recently recovered from my first cough/cold since I was dx'd. I really expected the actual illness to be worse, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I only missed 2 days from work (when the sinuses and head were really stuffed up and painful). And I spent about 2 more days taking cough medicine at night and expectorant during the day.

What I have noticed is now that my cold is gone, my joint pain has come back for the first time since the Plaquenil started to work. I am guessing it has to do with my over-reactive immune system still thinking it needs to fight off some cold virus.

The new symptom I have noticed though, is upper rib pain & tenderness...right under my arms and towards the back. It goes the entire lenght of my ribcage. I do get inflammation in the joints in my feet, especially on the tops, and this pain is pretty much the same.

Does anyone else get this? What a Face

Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Ribcage Pain Empty Re: Ribcage Pain

Post by maidmaz Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 am

Hi Beth,

There had been quite a few replies here but for some reason they dissappeared confused I looked into it but can't get them back so I will post my reply again Rolling Eyes

I have had rib pain off and on for a long time, it does get worse after I have had a cold or flu. Usually the pain meds help to ease the pain and when I have had it checked they have told me it is because of the soft tissue between the ribs getting inflammed! If it doesn't settle down in a few days it might be a good idea to get it checked out because we are prone to pleurisy!

Hope this helps and I hope you are feeling better soon!
Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiacat Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:59 am

Hi Beth,

I too had replied to your post which magically disappeared!!!!!I had said that maybe your rib cage pain is from coughing...because when I cough a lot my rib cage tends to get very sore as well.Just a thought!!???Also as Maz said, it could be pleurisy, so I would see your doctor if the pain does not subside after awhile.Take care and I do hope you feel better soon.Keep us posted. Warmly, Barbara flower

californiacat

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down