Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatigue...only fatigue

+3
yardman417
maidmaz
AbsolutelyFab
7 posters

Go down

Fatigue...only fatigue Empty Fatigue...only fatigue

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:43 am

Fatigue really hit me hard the last few days. Sleep It isn't as bad as it was a year ago when I was first diagnosed (and before the 400mg of Plaquenil/day). Is it possible to go through periods of extreme fatigue like this even if the joint pain and other symptoms appear to be less extreme than that first flare? Can the fatigue, in and of itself, be the start of a flare? Or is this just the regular ups and downs of Lupus?

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Fatigue...only fatigue Empty Re: Fatigue...only fatigue

Post by maidmaz Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:24 am

Hi Beth,

The two flares I have had have started with increased pain and fatigue, in saying that the fatigue is always lurking! If I over do things I will suffer with the fatigue for a few days after, I usually just rest and it does get better. The best thing is not to fight it if you can possibly help it (easier said than done sometimes), it is your body telling you that you need more rest.

Hope this has helped, with Easter coming hopefully you can rest a bit.

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:02 am

Beth

I agree with Maz, listen to your body and Rest!!!

Take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Beth,

Well, each person is different when it comes to lupus symptoms, but I certainly can relate to extreme fatigue when going into a flare. For me one of the first signs is also when ever I try to do anything at all I break out in a sweat.

The best thing you can do when you are this fatigued is to get as much rest as possible, hopefully you can head it off before the flare gets too far out of control.

I hope you feel better soon. Get some much needed rest!

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Beth,

I have been having extreme fatigue for at least the last year. I've been taking the 400mgs of plaquenil but it doesn't help at all with fatigue. I had my first full blown flair last April and was pretty good until December. I have been having various pains in different locations (enough to stop me in my tracks) but it hasn't been as bad as that first one. The fatigue hasn't gone away and, in fact, I think it's worse. I'm nervous that it is the start of a flair but I guess I will have to wait and see. Take care. I love you
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Beth:

I do get the fatigue, as well. It doesn't happen as much as it used to - but when it hits - I know to rest or it will be followed by pain, later.

I think it is one of those things that we will have to deal with on a regular basis. No one can really understand it, either. (except us Lupus people) That seems to be the worst part. Everyone just says, "Yeah - I'm tired, too" - but it goes way beyond that.

Wishing you the best. I love you
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:46 am

Beth, I have gone through both bouts of fatique with a flare and bouts without a flare where it was just the fatique. I've gone through times where I needed to lay down every afternoon because I just couldn't function. Then other times I am fine. I think the key is what everyone has already said, just listen to your body and take it easy and rest. If you need to nap, NAP. Go to bed early when you can. Especially because you work. If you can find a place during your lunch break to take a 20-30 minute power nap, just to close your eyes, that might even help. You can always set your cell phone alarm clock in case you fall asleep.

Hang in there!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down