Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of you get copies of your test results?

+3
californiacat
maidmaz
Poppy
7 posters

Go down

How many of you get copies of your test results? Empty How many of you get copies of your test results?

Post by Poppy Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Everyone:

I was just wondering how many of you get copies of your test results from your doctor? I had asked my doctor for them in the past and they forgot to make them for me. At my doctor's visits - we go over the results and if I have questions, he is more than happy to explain things to me.

I know my doc charges almost $1 per page for copies made.

I thought it would be good to have them on hand but then I was wondering if I really need them & would it just be more paperwork I'm paying for and having to keep files on.

My husband always has his copies made for him but his illness (ulcerative colitis) isn't as extensive as mine is. I have a pretty thick file at my doc's office and I haven't even had this disease a year? Sad
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

How many of you get copies of your test results? Empty Re: How many of you get copies of your test results?

Post by maidmaz Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:53 am

Hi Poppy,

I don't get copies of my test results but they are kept on the computer at the Dr's so I can always ask for a copy if needed!

You are right in saying that it is alot more paperwork to keep track of and if they are safe and backed up on a computer at your Dr's office, I say leave them there!

Take Care, Hugs
xxxMaz
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How many of you get copies of your test results? Empty Re: How many of you get copies of your test results?

Post by californiacat Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Poppy,

I do not get copies of my labwork either.I got to the same hospital/medical group for all of my doctors and they are all kept in my chart and on their computer.I feel it is easier that way as all it would cause if I took copies home w/ me would be looking for a place to keep them!!!!I can always get copies if I need them but it seems to work out fine this way.Less is best!!!Take care my frined.

Warmly, Barbara flower

californiacat

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 am

I guess I am lucky. At Kaiser in California, I can go to their web site www.kp.org and view my lab results any time I want. The results are usually posted within 24 hours. Not only that, but I am able to view them in a variety of views; bar graph, pie, table linegraph... all withinthe time frame I choose. This service is free, all I needed to do was register, but I did have to wait for them to mail me my password- took about 5 days.
In addition, I am able to see past doctor visits, make or cancel appointments, email my doctors \or nurse, ask questions, research, order refills (at no extra cost) etc...
I am very pleased with their website and service.

Last edited by kking on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info, grammar correction)
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:15 pm

KK,

You are extremely lucky! If I want a copy of my lab results I have to request a copy. My rhuemy is really good about sending a copy, but it takes awhile to get them. My GP on the other hand, not so much, I really have to follow up to get a copy.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:16 pm

I was wondering the same thing and if I should be getting copies myself. Some people tell me I should and I know if I really need them, they have them on file at the doc. I am going to have the doc explain my last lab work a little more extensively at my next appt which is next week. I don't know that I really want the extra paperwork though. Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi Poppy,

I don't usually get copies of my test results. My primary doc's office gets copies of all my results from my neuro and rheumy. They will make copies for me right there if I ask or if I call, I can go pick them up at the office. I was starting to keep copies in the beginning but I really don't need all that extra paperwork!! If there is something significant in the results then I do like to keep a copy. I just had blood work done this month and see my rheumy next week. I will call his office first to make sure he has the results, if not, then I'll pick up a copy of the results from my PCP and take it with me to my appointment. But if I had to pay for it, forget it, they can keep it. I really like the idea Kking was talking about w/Kaiser and having access to your results, making/cancelling appointments, etc. - what a great idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:58 pm

I have never had problems receiving my lab results. I have sometimes had to call my doc's nurse to have them sent, but they have been more then willing to mail or fax them to me. I like to have the copies in order to track the ups and downs of all the different levels for each test.

I have also started asking for a copy of the lab tests that are ordered so I can keep track of which results have come back and which haven't, as well as have an idea of what the doc or rheumy are looking for.

Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down