Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Results

+2
christines555
Rileysmom
6 posters

Go down

Test Results Empty Test Results

Post by Rileysmom Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello All,

Well, I just received a call from my doctor in regards to my tests I had done for my breathing issues. It seems I have left the doctors at the clinic somewhat baffled! I tend to do that a lot, as I'm sure many of you do as well.

She said my chest x-rays are showing considerable pulmonary thickening, but they can't understand the everything is showing clear on the CT scan. They are recommending I redo the CT in a couple of months to see if anything appears the next go around. Also, she said the PFT's came back normal????? Which is very odd to me, because the tech who performed the tests told me I failed everyone, I guess the tech didn't know what she was talking about????

As far as the heart echo goes, she has yet to see the report, she is in the process of hunting down that report. I told her I had it done on 12/23 or 24, so she should definitely have it back by now. It will be my luck it's gotten lost in the mix of things.

She is referring me to a pulmonalogist, which is what I figured would be done. Thing is the one she wants me to see is in Iraq right now, so it will be a month or more before I see him. No biggie I guess.

Bottomline, she told me they have no clue as to what is going on or why! Makes one feel good, no? Seems to be the story of my life when it comes to health care. I have an appt coming up with my rheumy, I'll discuss all this with him and see what he suggests and we'll go from there.

I'm not going to keel over anytime soon so I guess that's a good sign, ehh?

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Test Results Empty Re: Test Results

Post by christines555 Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Melissa,

Yes, I would take that as a good sign!! But it is frustrating not to have an answer too. Is your breathing still the same as it was? I sometimes have "lost" reports too - ugh. I'm glad you will be seeing a pulmonologist who may be able to get to the bottom of this and give you some relief physically and mentally. So let's get this guy home from Iraq along with all of our soldiers!!!!!!!! I love you
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 am

An appointment with the pulmonoligist should get things resolved...for your sake, I hope so What a Face

My regular doc sent me straight to the pulmonologist but I had been complaining about the shortness of breath all year, to both my GP and my rheumy.

Take care,
Hugs!
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi Melissa,

Well, I sure hope they figure out what's going on with you girl. UGH! I'm glad you finally have some doctors that are working with you though. Take Care girl!

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 am

Melissa:

Sorry to hear that you are still in the dark regarding your problems. scratch At least there is a plan in place with getting you to a pulmonologist. How frustrating! confused

Good Luck to you and I hope you can find some answers soon.
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Melissa

Wishing you the best, and also don't keel over it hurts Sad I know it can be stressful, but don't give up, which i know you won't Smile

flower take care
Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:25 am

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your support. It's a slow process when you're dealing with doctors is it not? I'll get the answers sooner or later, it just gets very frustrating. I'm sure you all can relate.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by yardman417 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:21 pm

Melissa

Thats what we are all here for is to support each other. And i am sure we can all relate to your frustration.

flower Wishing you the best

Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down