Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

????FLARE????

+4
christines555
Poppy
yardman417
maidmaz
8 posters

Go down

????FLARE???? Empty ????FLARE????

Post by maidmaz Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been wondering for the last couple of weeks whether I had a Flare starting or not Sad . All the signs are there, Fatigue, Stiffness, unbearable pain, lost of appetite, the only thing is that I had bloods done on Monday (CRP and ESR) and they are okay!! I know that our bloods don't always reflect our disease activity Shocked , mine have always reflected mine accurately until now!

How often does this happen can anyone tell me? Also I started a Flare at about the same time last year, does this mean it could happen at the same time every year? I am worried about having a flare and I know that it doesn't help to do that but it is very difficult not to worry because last years was horrendous and that scares me, I don't want to have another one like it!! Any ideas on how I can rein this in would be appreciated, I know it is practically impossible to stop it but it is worth a try I guess!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

????FLARE???? Empty Re: ????FLARE????

Post by yardman417 Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 am

Maz

First off sorry to hear whats going on and yes it kind of sounds like a flare starting, but wre all diff. Second thing is slow down and don't get ahead of yourself.

If i remember right you have just had a house move and all the fire stuff and eveything else that has been going on , just might be catchin up to you. Also have you been getting your rest.

Your body is trying to tell you some thing i just don't know what Sad i just hope its not a flare, i'll pray that the WOLF will leave you alone or you can send him to me and i'll take care of him

Take care flower Ray
yardman417
yardman417

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:05 am

Hi Maz:

Oh Maz - I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I know I had a flare in May and my blood work was ok.

As for getting a flare at the same time of year - I have only had this darned illness a year now - so, I don't know. I hope and pray it is not a flare for you.

As Yardman said, perhaps things are just catching up with you. Try to take it easy and get as much rest as you can.

Good Luck to you - hope you feel better soon. I love you
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am

Hi Maz, Very Happy

I'm the same way as Poppy. I've only had lupus since last April so I don't know if it comes around the same time of year. I hope not for all of us. I do hope it is just the stress coming out of your body from all you've been through recently and NOT a flare!! Are you still taking meds?
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey Maz, sorry you are feeling bad. I am doing exactly the same thing right now and it started a few weeks ago. My blood work is checking out okay too and I had a bad flare last year too, in fact, most of the year. I think we just have to rest the best we can. The doc did increase my mtx and he wanted to put me back on pred but I wouldn't do it because it wigs me out so much and causes anxiety attacks and roid rage. Just not living that way. He mentioned shots or just 7 day treatments but steroids just don't seem to work for me but if they work for you, maybe you should talk to your doc about increasing your dose just to nip the flare in the bud. That was what he was trying to do for me. I hope you feel better and get some relief soon. For me, he gave me morphene. UGH! Now I need stool softener! LOL!!! You have to find humor in something, right?

Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies Very Happy I hadn't been resting as much as I should but now I have no choice, because I don't have the energy to do much else! I hope you are all right and it is just the past couple of months catching up with me. Chris I am still on all my meds, Monica I am going to contact my Rheumy and see what he says about the whole thing, he has given strict instructions to my GP that under no circumstances are the Dr's here to muck around with my Pred because that's what they did last year and the year before and I had a scare with Osteoporosis because of it. The Dr's here (aside from my own GP) are of the opinion that Pred is the quick fix to everything without thinking of the consequences and that has made my Rheumy very angry, so now he is the only one who is allowed to mess with it! I am taking Oxycontin for pain relief and I know exactly what you mean about the stool softner lol!!!

Thanks for caring and understanding I appreciate it, I will keep you all posted!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi Maz,

I too am sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. I have often questioned if I could be in a flare because often my blood work shows that I am fit as a fiddle, my rheumy says that is because the meds I am on are masking the results. He says when we are on all the lupus meds it is hard to tell what our true readings are, we can still be very symptomatic and go into flares, which I found very odd.

But I am one of those that has labs that may or may not show negatively if I am feeling extremely bad. Just another one of those oddities that goes with lupus I guess.

I agree, you should call your rheumy and see what advice they can offer! I hope you are feeling better soon and this is not the start of a full blown flare.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Maz, I'm sending lots of hugs....gentle ones. My sed rate and bloodwork has always been within normal range. I say you need to listen to what your body is telling you and not the labwork. Besides, labwork is not 100% accurate as it is conducted by people and people are prone to mistakes.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by elizabeth Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 am

Hi Maz

I to have only been dealing with this for a year know, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Elizabeth
elizabeth
elizabeth

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 am

Hi Melissa, Beth and Elizabeth,

Thanks for your kind thoughts, I have sent an email to my Rheumy and am waiting for a reply. The pain and fatigue hasn't gotten any better over the last week so it's not looking good!

Melissa thanks for the info regarding the bloodwork, it is good to know that.

I will keep you all posted.
Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down