Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sleeping meds

3 posters

Go down

sleeping meds Empty sleeping meds

Post by orange294 Sun May 10, 2009 1:52 am

hi i,m in hospital yet again and have found out they are not giving me my sleeping meds witch is not safe to do they are benzodiazapens they are not ment to just stop then so now i,m getting mood swings now i have told the staff this but they do not sem bothered that and my depression do not go well together at all so tonight will be night 5 with no sleep Sad so doctors just dont know wat they are doing in england i just need to get out of this hospital away from mor infections i wish thks debbie Mad

orange294

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

sleeping meds Empty Re: sleeping meds

Post by christines555 Sun May 10, 2009 2:25 am

Hi Debbie,

I am sorry to hear you are back in the hospital again. What for this time? Who ordered them to stop your sleep meds - your doc? If it wasn't your doctor can you call him/her to find out why they stopped them especially since it was suddenly. Yes, one thing you don't need is more infections!!!!

Even though it is not a good time for you, I still want to wish you "Happy Birthday" today! I keep you in my prayers always. I love you
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by orange294 Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 am

ty chris i, not too sure how ordered it i think it was a doctor that doesnt know me but just to stop the there causing me more harm than good by doing this i will try to make the best of today while stuck in here Razz debbie

orange294

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 am

I would definitely try to get a hold of your doctor or whoever is in charge of your care to find out why they just stopped cold turkey. I would think they would try to wean you off of them if you have been on them a long time. What kind of sleeping pills were you taking and for how long? You should be treated like a VIP at that hospital for all the times you were admitted!! queen
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolutelyFab Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 pm

Is there any way you can contact the doctor that prescribed the benzodiazapens for you? Maybe they could let the hospital staff know how important it is that they are not stopped like this.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content