Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Insurance Issues.......

2 posters

Go down

Health Insurance Issues....... Empty Health Insurance Issues.......

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 pm

The article below is about the insurance company my employer uses for our benefits. I have very, very good benefits (health, vision & dental - although the dental sucks) but I am still paying $325.66 per month for insurance for my family. My employer pays the rest. I have upgraded to the "Platinum" Plan so that I have better coverage due to my illness.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/252311/

In addition to this, I contribute $5,000 per year (the maximum allowed) to a tax-free medical spending account for anything not covered by the insurance. This ends up being $8,907.92 per year. This is much more than 1/3 of my gross income.

And many Americans are having a problem with an alternative that will create a little competition for this greedy corporations???!!!!! OMG....I am so disgusted!! I was going to get up on my political soapbox, but I will not sink to that level....I bet you can figure out what party I support though! Health Insurance Issues....... Icon_lol

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance Issues....... Empty Re: Health Insurance Issues.......

Post by AbsolutelyFab Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 pm

I feel much better now. I send a long later regarding the above to President Obama, and both Minnesota Senators; Amy Kloubachar and Al Franken.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:20 am

Hi Beth,

I'm with ya!!! Did you watch the President's speech tonight? I couldn't be happier.
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down