Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skin symptoms

+2
Melody297
AbsolutelyFab
6 posters

Go down

Skin symptoms Empty Skin symptoms

Post by AbsolutelyFab Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 pm

I am finding that with increasing joint pain and fatigue and with any added stress I end up with a red, scaly rash. It usually occurs on the back of my hands and fingers, the insides of my lower arm and the top of my toes. It sometimes is just a round patch, but other times it is more like a "swoosh"...you know, like the Nike logo. lol!

It is very itchy. The rash usually doesn't last for more than a day and then it mostly disappears. I am finding that when it returns it usually returns in the same exact places.

Any ideas on what this is? I am assuming it is Lupus related like every other unexplainable oddity! flower

I hope everyone is doing well. I just returned from a short vacation...and now I'm paying for it trying to catch up.

Hugs!
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Skin symptoms Empty Re: Skin symptoms

Post by Melody297 Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Hello Beth,
I too have the itchy rash, but mine appears when I have been exposed to the sun. Will itch like crazy then disapear. I use cortizone cream to stop the itching.
take care
Melody

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:28 am

Hi Beth,

I have also had this rash on occasion scratch I have been given cortisone cream for it so if it gets really bad I will use it! Otherwise I normally just use a cream that helps to soothe and stop the itch. You are right it is more than likely Lupus related Rolling Eyes , just another thing to add to the list!!!

I hope you enjoyed your vacation and I also hope you don't "pay" for it too much affraid It's no fun when you have to pay the price for a bit of R and R No

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-04

https://livingwithlupus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 am

Hi All,

I just started recently getting these red dots on my left arm. It doesn't look like a rash but more like a blood blister only flat. They are reddish/purple. I started with a few last week or so and today woke up to more. They are all different sizes and don't itch. I thought maybe it was from dry skin since it is getting chilly here or maybe I'm having some kind of skin breakdown. Does anyone else have these "things"?? I was diagnosed with sle and not discoid. Thanks.
christines555
christines555

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:49 am

Hi all,
Christine, what you have on your arm sounds like what I had on my leg, which started this whole shebang for me. I had about 85 flat, reddish/brown spots on just the inner left leg, only from the knee down. tongue All of them were happy little campers for years, until the FBI raided my house on fine summer day. >( anyway,,,,, all of them did not like those nasty FBI agents, and decided to bubble up! Mad That got my attention and eventually sent me to a dr. who referred me to my rheumy. After a biopsy, and a year of plaquenil, they are now all back to very faint, but still there, happy little campers once again Smile I do have just one tho, on my left arm, between the elbow & wrist, on the soft, inner part. Guess it's all part of this crazy, lupus stuff.
Take Care I love you
Karen
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 am

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know what the heck it is - it just seems to be spreading on my left forearm (on top). They just look like they will start bleeding. Anyway it is a relief to know there are other "campers" out there and I am not alone. I was getting ready to find a dermatologist to have a mole(s) removed or whatever they do now a days. I'll just add this to the list. Crazy lupus stuff is right!! confused
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Chris,
I have something similar they are only the size of a pinhead, I have them on my arms mostly, a few on my legs and chest but not many. I have never asked the Dr about them I suppose I should Rolling Eyes I can't remember when they first appeared probably about 18 months ago. They are not itchy either and they are a very dark pink bordering on purple. I will ask my Dr when I remember scratch

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christines555 Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi Maz,

Yesterday, they were very brightly colored and looked like they could start bleeding at any minute. Now today they are a little less bright. I started to show these to my pcp the other day and asked if he could recommend a dermatologist. He personally didn't have any recommendations and suggested I talk to his office girl who recently went to one. So I shall begin hunting this week for a dermy now!! Thanks.
christines555
christines555

Back to top Go down

Post by maidmaz Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:18 am

Hi Chris,

Please let me know how you go with the Dermy! I'm quite interested to hear what they have to say!

Take Care
Love and Hugs
xxxMaz I love you
maidmaz
maidmaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Ladies:

I have those little pin head red bumps, too. I started to get them about 5-6 yrs ago and did see my dermatologist - he had a name for them which I can't remember now and said they were nothing to worry about. But since I have been dx - I have more of them (not that many - but more). I have them on my chest, arms, legs and stomach. At times they seem more (inflammed ?) - then, they kind of almost go away - but are always still there. Once again, I thought this might be an aging thing - so, I am curious to hear what Christine's dermatologist has to say. I heard someone once call them a "raspberry mole". That is kind of what they look like. Smile
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down