Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sed Rate Testing

+2
Rileysmom
AbsolutelyFab
6 posters

Go down

Sed Rate Testing Empty Sed Rate Testing

Post by AbsolutelyFab Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:25 pm

My joint pain has worsened but my Sed Rate, as usual, remains within the normal range. Normal is 0 - 20; my sed rate from today's test was 13. I believe this is where it was last time it was tested, as well. I'm still not sure how I can have this much pain (5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10) without an elevated sed rate. Suspect I guess this is where I am fortunate to have a Rheumy that listens to what I am saying and to my symptoms....not strictly lab work. flower

Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Sed Rate Testing Empty Re: Sed Rate Testing

Post by Rileysmom Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 am

Beth,

I have been in the same boat, I can have terrible joint pain and yet my SED rate will come back in the normal range. It truly amazes me too! I have a great rhuemy as well that believes me that I am in severe pain and does not go by the SED rate alone, thank goodness. I am not sure how the SED rate can remain so low when I know I can hardly function somedays. I too would be interested in any info anyone has.

Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by californiacat Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Yes girls....you are not alone!!After living with this disease for over 20 years, my sed rate is always...except maybe 2 times, in the normal range.My lab results almost never show how my body actually is!!!In otherwords....I can be totally miserable,in awful pain and inflammation and yet my labs show that I am "fine!!!"So I am with you guys that yes, we are lucky to have doctors who go by our complaints, not our lab results.This is one of the many ways that living w/ lupus can be so CRAZY!!!!!But we have each other!!!! affraid

californiacat

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kking Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:58 am

Hi all Wink

I am the opposite of you fine ladies.... my SED rate is quite elevated - 79. and normal is 0 - 20 Exclamation Question Exclamation
Except for fatigue Sleep , occasional stiffness What a Face , a very red nose pig and lab results that say I am a sick girl pale , I would never ever guess that I have Lupus. I just blamed getting a little older for all my woes. Rolling Eyes
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:23 am

Hi Karen:

You are such a lucky lady. I hope you continue to feel well. That is wonderful and inspirational Smile .

When I was feeling my worst - my sed rate was in the normal range. It is crazy!! You just never know what to think. silent
Poppy
Poppy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody297 Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey ya'll
I too am like Karen, my sed rate is all whacked out mine is like 123.
I had my first really bad flare back in March, the doc put me on metho and predisone. I have come off the predisone, but still on the metho. I have an stiffness every now and then. At lunch I have a power 20 minute nap.. You would never guess I had lupus either. My doc always tell me lady, your labs tell me you are one sick lady, but you look fine!.
But I do enjoy reading this message board and knowing that we are not alone, and that everone's case of Lupus can be different.
take care yall... there are always better days ahead.!!! sunny

Melody

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down