Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stomach pain

3 posters

Go down

Stomach pain Empty Stomach pain

Post by kking Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:47 am

Wondering if anyone else has had problems with a painful stomach. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can usually feel it coming and there is nothing I know of to do for it. Sometimes it hits me before I eat, or during my meal, or after. The pain is something totally different than what I have felt before. previously, most of my stomach problems are aches, like on the inside. What I;m talking about now is like a pain on the outside of my stomach. (not the skin, but maybe the lining??) It gets so bad, that I have a hard time straightening up all the way. It hurts to just touch the stomach area, and to give a gentle push. Of course, this is accompanied by a lovely bloated feeling and gas. Embarassed I am wondering if any of you have had such experience and wouldn't mind sharing.

xoxox
karen
kking
kking

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Stomach pain Empty Re: Stomach pain

Post by AbsolutelyFab Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes, I have had strange lower abdomen pain like this. At first I thought it was constipation, but that's not it. I seemed to start getting it once I started my Plaquenil, but that may just be a coincidence.

When I get it it is very low in my abdomen, on both sides. I feel very bloated. I describe it as felling like I have rocks in my stomach. It can be very painful, just like you described, and mine will usually last a full day then it will be gone. It is hard to stand up and even to breath correctly when it's really bad.

Hugs,
Beth
AbsolutelyFab
AbsolutelyFab
Admin

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileysmom Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:34 am

Hi Karen,

I can relate to stomach pain. I have had severe abdominal issues as far back as I can remember. I remember my mother and family doctor being so puzzled because I always complained of stomach pain and issues. As I grew older the issues have become more severe, I truly believe it's all related to inflammation caused by Lupus. I have had to massive bleeds and a bowel resection because of inflammation issues. The worst part is you just never know when it's going to hit, you can go days feeling just fine, then low and behold it hits out of nowhere. As Beth stated when it hits me the hardest it literally makes it impossible to standup right.

I wish I had some advice on what seems to make mine worse or better to help you out, but after all these years I am still trying to figure that out myself.

Wishing you much relief!
Melissa

Rileysmom

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down