Living with Lupus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lupus Fatigue or Depression???

3 posters

Go down

Lupus Fatigue or Depression??? Empty Lupus Fatigue or Depression???

Post by justme Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I've suffered from daily pain for 10 years, and diagnosed 5 years ago with SLE and Discoid Lupus. I'm 39 years old now and feel like I'm about 80 years old.

I'm wondering if my lack of ability to WANT to get up and go is Lupus Fatigue or Depression. I do maintain a full time job, but am very very tired every day. I do not want to do anything when I come home from work, and my weekends...I turn down invitations to go out. I manage to keep my home clean and my chores done, but as far as socializing or health fitness, I just don't have the umph required. I do not cry all the time, and I do feel a little better once I get dressed and ready for work. I am, on most nights too tired to cook a decent meal...and am blessed to have a partner that takes over in the evenings. He's very understanding, but he feels I have depression, and I'm just not convinced.

I'm very frustrated that I've had this for 5 years and still haven't managed to find a way to manage my pain, and exhaustion.

Karin

justme

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Lupus Fatigue or Depression??? Empty Re: Lupus Fatigue or Depression???

Post by Melody297 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Sounds like fatigue... I to have been diagnoised for over 8 years now. Some days are better than others. I find that if I can get a 20 minute power nap in at lunch it helps mine. So you are not alone. You might want to mention it your doctor and see what he says.~ There is a message board on butyoudontlooksick.com that can help answer some of your questions as well~~
take care
Mel

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks Mel!

justme

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by socalmonica Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 am

Hi Karin,
The fatigue is very difficult to deal with. I get extremely tired and like Melody, I have to nap during the day often too. I also get too tired to cook dinner. I do take an anti-depressent/anti-anxiety med, more for the anxiety than depression, however I have noticed it did really give me a pick me up when I started taking it and helped with my mood. I didn't think I was depressed but I think it really helped me and I am glad I am taking it. Depression can easily happen with lupus because of what we deal with. If you can swing a housecleaner financially, even once a month, I would highly recommend it. It has really helped me out. I have had to work it into our budget and at times I feel a little guilty but I just get too tired to do it all. My husband is very supportive too. I keep up on the light stuff and then they do the big stuff. I know what you mean about turning down stuff socially though, I do that too, but sometimes once I am out I am glad I went. Other times I get wiped out from staying out too late. I agree with Mel, talk to your doc.
Monica

socalmonica

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody297 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 pm

I too have turned down invites.. Its not that I dont want to go out.. You just dont want to over do it every weekend.. I wish it was a 3 day weekend.. the first 2 to have fun.. the third to rest... for us lupies..

Melody297

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down